FJET is currently accepting nominations for the 2020-2021 JET year.
To be eligible for nomination you must:
- Be a current or former JET currently under contract by the Fukui Kencho BOE, JET City ALT or CIR
- Be re-contracting for the 2020-2021 term
- Be willing to support your fellow officers by attending events
Note to community members and private hires
Unfortunately, you are not eligible for election as an officer, but you are always welcome to contact officers through the official channels to offer your services as support and a community connection.
If you are interested, please see the descriptions for positions below. Please contact us if you have any questions.If you nominate a friend, please ask them and tell us they have agreed to being nominated.
To apply or nominate, EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information
- Your intentions for the position (under 100 words)
FJET Presidents (x2)
- Editing and updating the Welcome Handbook for new arrivals.
- Planning for Fukui Orientation in August (Give a quick intro about FJET and its benefits to incoming newbies, BBQ, city tour, dinner at a nearby izakaya on the first evening)
- 3 main events: Fuji Trip in August, Festivus (between Thanksgiving and winter vacation), and the Osaka Sumo Trip (March)
- Other responsibilities include organizing and hosting FJET meetings (Usually 2-3 over the course of the year – most planning and correspondence is done via email), regularly checking the presidents’ email account and forwarding pertinent info to the mailing list, making executive decisions if for some reason there is a scheduling conflict for events.
- Administrators for the FJET Facebook group
FJET Social Secretaries (x2)
- Social Secretaries are responsible for planning events to keep the JET community “social”.
- The biggest events have been the Contract Signing after-party and the Sayonara Semi-Formal but they are free to organize other events if they so choose.
- With the current pandemic, Social Secretaries have the fun challenge of creating online events!
FJET Community Liaisons (x2)
- They are our connection to the Japanese locals. They should be community-savvy enough to inform us of any interesting upcoming events, festivals, opportunities, and be in touch with the International Club.
- Major events they plan include the SDC Charity Auction and book swaps. Fundraising for local and national charities (Fukui merch/talent show)
- The treasurer is in charge of making the yearly budget, holding the money box, and maintaining the FJET bank account.
- Given that this individual will be in actual possession of the money box, we ask that they are located in Fukui City or the nearby vicinity in order to facilitate access to FJET funds as need be.
- They are also responsible for keeping track of and collecting money at events or designating a responsible party to do so.
FJET Southern Representatives (x2)
- These two representatives must reside in Tsuruga or further south.
- They assist and maintain communication with the Volunteer Coordinator in working with the Tsuruga orphanage (Shiroume) by helping to coordinate volunteers in the South for the monthly orphanage visits.
- They are to keep FJET informed of events in the south and are free to plan events that will attract FJETs to their area.
- Their main responsibilities are planning the Kar Rally, usually held in June, and planning the Tsuruga ice skating event, usually held sometime between November and March.
FJET Volunteer Coordinator
- The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for planning, managing and supervising the monthly orphanages for Fukui City (Hoho no Emi) and Tsuruga (Shiroume), liasoning with charities in and outside of Fukui, handling donations, and promoting volunteer opportunities to Fukui JETs.
- As the Volunteer Coordinator, you are able to find and create volunteer opportunities that match your needs and interests. For example, previous Coordinators have conducted beach clean-ups, care packages to a local hospital, and worked with AJET to donate masks in Japan during a pandemic.
- The Volunteer Coordinator is to not only regularly maintain contact with volunteers through email, but also through the Facebook group, ‘FJET Volunteer.
- Japanese proficiency is not required but highly recommended as it may be necessary for communication with the orphanages, other Japanese organizations and the Japanese community.
FJET Sports Representative
- The sports rep is a liaison between the captains of the sports teams and anyone who is interested in sports.
- Their job is to coordinate information given to them by the sports teams and send it out on the official email and from time to time promote sports events in Fukui and elsewhere.
JETFuel Editors (x2)
- Essentially a community zine, it is a collection of photos, art, trip reports, poetry, candid shirtless pictures, and interesting anecdotes from JETs all around the prefecture.
- This is a self-nominated position only.
- We will only accept people who nominate themselves.
- If you have experience in graphic design, school newspaper or yearbook clubs, scrap-booking, or even blogging and are interested, please step up and help out!
- They are in charge of the web presence of the Fukui AJET chapter. Right now, the FJET website is undergoing some major changes.
- This year’s webmaster has moved the website to a wordpress and is currently editing information.
- We are also working on putting out regular blogs.
- The webmaster should have a reasonable amount of technical/computer savvy skill but do not have to be a master. Just a willingness to work hard
To apply or nominate, EMAIL email@example.com